There are many things in life that bring controversy. Whenever you go against the majority vote or do something that is a little different in society you will bring conflict. Homeschooling is right at the top of the list of controversial topics. The best thing to do when arguing a debate is present the pros and cons. In this article we contrast them both.
Pros to homeschooling:
- Offers a great deal of educational freedom—freedom over what a child specifically learns and when. When a topic sparks their interest they are free to pursue that teaching and leave the ones that are less interesting alone.
- Offers a great deal of physical freedom—freedom to set own school hours. Freedom to take vacations at odd times, visit museums during the week, and other such activities.
- Offers emotional freedom-freedom from bullies, peer pressure, and competition.
- Offers religious freedom—not found in public schools and important to many families who choose to homeschool.
- Form significantly closer family relationships.
- Ensures rest that children need—no need to rise before dawn to attend early morning classes.
- Eliminates the need for busywork.
- Much more efficient way to teach and learn, and can eliminate the need for homework.
Cons to homeschooling:
- Time restraints—you may work, be a single parent, or simply choose a time-intensive schooling method. Throughout the day there is a great deal of factors limiting the time available for homeschooling so you need to take into consideration your time.
- Financial restraints are also a concern, as a loss of income happens when the decision is made to homeschool.
- The closeness of homeschooling may prove too much for some families, as parents often must spend a larger amount of time with their children.
- Limited social interactions.
- Socially considered unusual. You may experience negative comments and attitudes as a result of homeschooling.
As you can see, the pros to homeschooling outweigh the cons. You know what’s best for your child, let us help you to get started…..https://www.myhomeschoolroadmap.com/